CREATING The PERFECT IMAGE
How long does it usually take you to edit one image? Well it all determines on what you are going for. If you do not know what you want out of the photograph, experiment. I will tell you that it usually takes me about 3 to 5 days to edit one picture. The reason why it takes so long is because I want the best quality work and every time that I look at this photo, I see something that is wrong and change it. The first day is just a rush through picking out the photos that are great and then putting them to the side, then I take the photos that are ok and put them separate so I can at least salvage what I can and experiment with them. And for the other leftovers, I just toss them in the trash. The second day is editing day, where I pick 5 images and out of those five images, I would start off with the ones that are, that I think will be easiest to edit. 85% of the time the images that I pick are easy but the other 15% are just bad luck. I would then edit the exposures, shadows, and etc. the third day I would put the finishing touches on but here is the frustrating part. I will think that I am done but I am really not then I would start the whole process all over again because it’s not to my satisfaction. So for all of you photographers who can edit an image within 2 days and have a finish product, I am amazed!
- How to Photograph Dramatic Clouds at Sunset (digital-photography-school.com)
- Make an Artistic Double Exposure Silhouette with Pixlr Editor (instructables.com)
- Taking a photograph (simonryland.wordpress.com)
- Shooting Challenge #24 – Patterns (gizmodo.co.uk)